Some advocacy strategies one can use to create change in their current workplace are:
– Identify the problem that needs to be solved. Ask questions that guide your audience to the goal, and record feedback.
– Emphasize the need for a change to be effected. Make your audience realize that a change needs to happen and that it needs to happen now.
– Have a realistic vision you share with your team or audience members.
– Brainstorm on possible obstacles to the goal and discuss solutions.
– Keep the communication lines open and free for all.
– Walk the talk.