College and university students will bear witness that homework is not the best part of academic life. Whether it is a take-away essay or week-long research for a given case study, there is no reason to smile. Nonetheless, homework is a crucial component that you cannot separate from any form of learning.
But did you know that summer homework is easy to complete when you have experts by your side? Keep reading to see how this is possible.
Why Is Summer Reading Important?
What is summer homework for starters?
It is holiday assignments that students take during the summer holidays. Such tests attract a lot of criticism from anti-homework crusaders and students as well. But why is this the case?
- They argue that summer is a vacation.
- Summer homework may inconvenience some students whose families move during such holidays.
- The summer assignments are not quality work.
These and more reasons have compelled many to advocate against summer holiday assignments. But is there a brighter side to summer homework? Should schools give summer homework in the first place? Yes, and there is a whole list of reasons that back up this stand:
- It prepares students to achieve higher goals in their academic life.
- It helps to keep students busy in their academic work
- Summer homework helps to advance the research skills of students
- It ensures that students stay on track in their academic careers even when schools resume
- It helps students become independent
- Students can identify their weak zones and work on them
- Tutors can assess the intellectual level of students
- Students will be able to prioritize essential topics
For all these reasons, it is close to impossible to sideline summer homework from schools. So, should students have summer homework? 100% yes! Summer homework will help students better their grades and develop the art of time management. Even though they may seem tedious at first, their results are something that the student can smile about with a sense of fulfillment.
Summer reading is essential when it comes to academic life but also the social life of the student. Having such tasks on your table will help you avoid some common problems such as peer pressure and laziness due to idleness. Therefore, summer assignments for students should be encouraged all the more!
Is Summer Homework Legal?
A student whose summer plans were spoiled sued to end summer homework in Wisconsin in 2005. It sparked legal debate attracting the attention of top lawyers. The student claimed that the summer homework was creating unnecessary stress and giving them an unfair workload. But are these reasons viable to make summer homework illegal?
But there is something that all these critics get wrong; summer homework is for helping students brush up on their knowledge. Imagine having your kid at home for two months only to go back to school without knowing what they learned in their previous semester! That would not only be detrimental to the student but to you as a parent too! You would have to cater for extra tuition fees to help the student recover the lost time.
Therefore, summer work for kids will help them slip back into the school routine when the new semester starts. However, there should be a balance where teachers should not burden the students with too much homework. It will enable the students to take part in summer camps, extracurricular activities, and even internships.
Since homework will help sharpen the minds of the students, there is nothing illegal about it. No matter how evil some critics may paint summer homework to be, it will remain a critical part of the students’ success story.
What will make summer homework legal or illegal is the quantity of work assigned and the motive therein. If the task still gives the students time to relax and break away from the classroom environment, it is not illegal.
I Hate Summer School; what Should I Do?
It is for sure that you might hate summer school for one reason or another. Having gone through a whole semester with coursework all through, you may want to hate summer school. Others may think of dropping school altogether because of the pressure. But there is a way out!
- It’s all about your attitude: There has been a lot of negative talk concerning summer homework. As such, most students have developed a negative attitude towards it. However, if you create the right attitude, summer homework will be your favorite. This attitude will come by realizing the importance of summer homework.
- Talk to your teacher about it: Do you feel like the summer homework is overwhelming for you? Remember that tutors are human too, and they understand what students go through when handling such types of assignments.
- Planning is essential: It may be that you hate summer homework because of poor planning. You may have given more time to leisure activities while sidelining your academic work. However, striking a balance between the two will help you sail through smoothly. You will not have to sideline your academic career at the expense of your summer vacation.
- Using custom assistance would be helpful: Numerous homework writing services can come in handy. You do not have to fumble with your overwhelming summer homework while there are experts ready to help you. Summer math homework will be your favorite with the right writing help.
You can see that there is nothing that can prevent you from completing summer homework. With the right attitude and professional experts by your side, you can smile your way back to school after the summer holiday.
Should Schools Stop Giving Homework?
It is a question that can spark a heated debate in any academic circle. It is usually in line with the question, are teachers allowed to give homework over the holidays? Well, we have already mentioned some of the reasons why reading is essential at any time whatsoever. Nonetheless, here are more reasons why schools should not stop giving homework:
- Homework helps to identify the student’s weakness
- Students can handle assignments by themselves and develop a sense of independence
- Reading gives teachers a chance to evaluate the performance of their students
- It also helps students prepare for their exams
- Homework is crucial in teaching strong research skills among students
From the reasons above, you can note that homework helps a great deal, and you cannot overlook its essence. The result for all these is top grades that will help students achieve their dreams in the future. Who can sweep such a valuable asset under the carpet?
However, there are instances when schools should stop giving homework to students. Some of these include:
- When students are going through a busy academic calendar: This will help them relax their minds and be productive in class.
- When homework becomes the end goal rather than a means to success: Homework should ignite students towards excellent performance in their end semester tests.
- When there is no significant change in the students’ grades: Teachers should not just give out homework for its sake but for a specific reason. If the task is not serving its purpose, they should shelve it and seek other intervention means.
Homework should not be a severe black mark that causes students agony. On the contrary, it should motivate students to pursue their academic goals all the more and succeed. Homework should develop the student’s mind towards achieving better grades.
Are you looking for something to do this summer and do not know where to start? Here are summer reading assignment ideas to get you started:
Summer Homework Ideas
- Research possible places for your dream summer vacation
- Create an estimated budget of how much your trip will cost
- What is the best year to visit a particular vacation camp?
- What type of weather is convenient for the summer holidays?
- Which relative inspires you, and why would you consider visiting them this summer?
- Write a diary of your summer holiday, journaling the activities you undertook and observations made.
- What positive things would you promote in your community during this summer holiday?
- Write an essay about a favorite spot you visited during the summer holidays.
- What is the best character/mood for a summer vacation?
- Discuss how your lifestyle will affect how you will spend your summer holiday
- How will your interests and values affect how you spend your summer holiday?
- Write a book review of a favorite book you read during your summer vacation
- Discover ways of saving costs during summer holidays
- Write a speech of what you learned during your summer vacation
- What is the impact of the memories you gathered during your summer holiday?
- What is the effect of a summer holiday on a student’s academic performance?
- What is the ideal holiday destination for summer vacations?
- Illustrate some of the lessons you learned from your summer vacation
- Why should schools allow students to go for summer vacations without giving them homework?
- Why are weather patterns important when it comes to spending summer vacations?
- How much homework should students have for their summer holidays?
- Is it right for students to use writing help for their summer homework?
- What is the role of parents in ensuring that students make the most of their summer holidays?
- How can schools make summer holidays more involving and fun?
- The best internship opportunities to pursue during summer vacations
- How long should a summer vacation take for college and university students?
- Why should teachers care about what students do during the summer holidays?
- Effects of technology on how students spend their summer holidays
- How coronavirus has changed the way students spend their summer vacations
- Discuss the role of mentorship programs during the summer holidays
Don’t Want To Spend Time on Summer Homework?
You can bear witness that summer homework is essential and timely. They will positively impact the student’s academic performance and help them live a better social life. Parents and teachers can rest easy when students are engaged in meaningful and balanced summer homework.
Those who still have difficulties completing summer homework should not despair. Several online writing sites provide the necessary academic assistance for summer homework. All these sites understand the essence of these assignments and help students make the best out of them.
Do you want to succeed in your summer homework today? Try our professional writing help and see the difference!