Are you looking for advice on how to make friends in college? If this is the case, you’ve arrived at just the right place! We have plenty of advice for you, as well as a few simple and effective tips and tricks. And no, you don’t have to be a party animal for our tips to work! We will not only show you how to make new friends in college, but also explain why you may have been unable to make new friends up to now. Moreover, we will also show you a couple things you should never do if you want to make new friends.
The first thing you need to keep in mind is that there is nothing wrong with you. Many students have no friends in college and they’re perfectly fine. So stop worrying that you are doing something wrong or that there is something people don’t like about you. In most situations, this is certainly not the case. But still you want to know how to make friends in college when you’re shy. So let’s see what you can do to remediate the situation starting tomorrow!
You Don’t Know How to Make Friends in College?
“I can’t make friends in college.” Most students don’t really know how to make friends in college. Yes, we agree that there are some exceptions to this rule. There are people who are naturally charismatic and who always seem to attract everyone. However, you don’t need to be like this. And making friends in college is not about trying to be somebody else. Be confident in your traits and rest assured that people prefer you just the way you are.
Whatever you do, don’t change who you are just because you want more friends. You are not a party animal? You are a bit shy? No problem! You will get plenty of college friends in time. Don’t rush it though. Trying too hard to be liked by fellow students can get pretty awkward pretty fast. Just be yourself and don’t let stress ruin your college life!
Why Can’t I Make Friends In College?
You probably think that you can’t make friends in college. You are probably not very sociable, or perhaps you are even shy. In our experience, this has never been a problem though. There are many students who are just like you. There are students who probably want to make friends with you right now. You just don’t realize it. So the first thing you should do if you want to make some college best friends is to start communicating.
You will quickly notice that striking a conversation with somebody in class or at the cafeteria will often make people smile. Humans are social beings, so being sociable is something people really appreciate. A simple conversation will often evolve into a lasting friendship. So no, making friends at college is in no way difficult. In fact, it is one of the easiest things to do. You should be more concerned about your classes than about making friends, frankly.
Making Friends in College: Our Easy Tips
But perhaps you simply didn’t get a chance to make friends in school. Or you are looking for advice on how to make friends in college when you’re shy. Let’s help you out a bit and provide you with a list we find most effective for making new friends in school:
- Be yourself, no matter what! We can’t stress this enough. Keep in mind that there will always be people who share your interests no matter which college you attend.
- Behave nicely with students in your dorm. Be sociable and polite, but don’t let them take advantage of you.
- While you can certainly buy small gifts for college friends, you don’t need to do it. And if you do, make it look natural. Don’t make it look like you are trying to buy friendship!
- When you strike a conversation with someone, try to find common ground.
- Don’t avoid people at the cafeteria and try to be interesting. Only speak when you know what you’re talking about.
- Do as many extracurricular activities as you can. You will meet a lot of likeminded students there.
- Go to campus events and have fun. Things like karaoke nights, music festivals, themed dances, and even protests are great opportunities to make some new friends.
- Stop posting quotes about college friends on social media! You will look like a lonely, needy person who is desperate to find friends. You will make friends naturally, by being yourself.
- Don’t hesitate to add students in your class as friends on social media. It is a normal thing to do, so don’t worry about it.
- This may sound a bit harsh, but we need to say it: don’t be annoyingly foolish and don’t offend other people. In other words, don’t make yourself unlikeable because people will start avoiding you.
Any Advice On How To Make Friends In Community College?
So, will I make friends in college? Sure you will, just give it a bit of time! You should stop wondering how long does it take to make friends in college, really. Making friends in community college is not a contest, so don’t treat it like one. We’ve seen many students ask about how to make friends in community college, so we’d like to talk about this for a bit.
Community college is in no way different than state college when it comes to making new friends. You will have plenty of classmates. You will live on a pretty large campus. You will attend venues and events. Basically, you have all the chances in the world to make new friends, no matter which school you attend.
Things You Should Never Do
In many cases, friends from college will be with you for the rest of your life. Even if you will not see each other as often as in school, you will most likely keep in touch with at least some of them. However, there are some things you should never do if you plan on making true friends in school. Here are some of the big no-noes:
- Just remember that college friends can be easily lost if you betray their trust. Be a reliable confidante.
- Spreading rumors or gossip about your friends is something you don’t want to do. They’ll eventually find out about it…
- Don’t forget to think about your friends, just like they are probably thinking about you.
- Try to avoid offending your friends. Just because they are your friends doesn’t mean you should treat them with disrespect. It’s easy to lose a friend this way.
- Try to listen to your friends and don’t neglect them. This doesn’t mean going out with them every evening though. Sometimes it’s okay to get a college assignment helper to do your homework, for example.
- Don’t refuse to help if you can help. Also, don’t instantly reject your friends’ ideas just because you don’t like them.
- Try to not complain about everything in your life to your new acquaintances. How do you make friends in college if you assault everyone with your problems and you make them avoid you? Think about it!
- And last, don’t take your friends for granted. It’s difficult to find a good friend, one you can rely on when you need homework help, for example. Try to be a reliable and supportive person yourself.
So if you are looking for advice on how to make friends in college, now you have it. You also know exactly what you should avoid doing. What you do next is entirely up to you. Just remember, making friends at college is easy. Just be natural and be yourself no matter what!
Get Your Homework Done!
Now that you’re ready to make some friends, you will need some extra time to hang out with them! So to avoid school work getting in the way and thoughts like “I need someone to write my assignment” there is always our writing service. Our expert writers are exceptional professionals and will write you a custom assignment quickly and cheaply. Now you can ace your classes and become a truly successful student!