If you are trying to write the best psychology research paper possible, you will undoubtedly hit a stone wall sooner or later. You will discover that finding new, interesting psychology research paper topics can be extremely difficult. Truth be told, psychology as a class is pretty difficult. We hear about students failing this class every semester. That is why we thought it would be an excellent idea to help students with a list of psychology topics for research paper assignments. This list is updated frequently, so you can use these titles for your next paper without worry. Also, please note that you can use any title in our list for free. You can use titles as they are or modify them as you wish. We are providing these psychology research paper topics for college students for free.
Carefully Select Psychology Topics For Research Paper Assignments
Many students simply don’t understand why psychology research paper topics are important. Nor do they understand that they must carefully select the topics. The reality is that without a good topic, your paper will not be worth much. You won’t probably be able to get the grade you wish. We know it’s very difficult to find interesting topics, especially when it comes to developmental psychology research paper topics. Here is what a good topic looks like:
- It is narrow enough that you can write a 500-word essay on it and cover the topic in depth.
- It is interesting and fresh. You want topics that are of interest today, not something that was discussed to death in the 1950s.
- It has the potential to arouse the interest of your professor. Think about what your professor likes to talk about and find a topic related to that.
- It is relatively complex. Topics that are too simple will make your professor think that you didn’t want to dedicate enough effort to writing your paper.
- The topics for a psychology research paper must be unique. In other words, you should be fairly certain that your classmates will not use them for their papers.
- The topic should be something you know about. You don’t have to be an expert because you will research the topic. However, you need to have a basic understanding of the underlying concepts at least.
Good Topics For A Psychology Research Paper Really Matter
Topics are extremely important. We can’t stress this enough! The way you pick your research paper topics for psychology essays greatly influences your final grade. And not only do the topics influence your grade, but they may also do many other things:
- Picking good topics for a psychology research paper helps you write the essay a lot faster. You probably know some information about the subject, and you know where to find the rest. You can easily fill the gaps.
- You will get bonus points from your professor for extraordinary research paper topics in psychology. Yes, most professors value the topics they see. It shows them that you’ve really dedicated a lot of time and effort to researching and writing an excellent essay.
- Good research topics can teach you a lot of things. If you are interested in psychology, that is your opportunity to learn new things about something new. You will find a lot of interesting information while researching the topic.
Where Can You Find Interesting Research Topics?
Of course, you want to know where you can find interesting research topics. It’s not that simple, unfortunately. In fact, there are even dangers. Most students will turn to the Internet to find the topics they need. You quickly realize that your classmates are probably doing the same thing. That’s when you think that by downloading lists of topics from shady websites, you can get a competitive edge. You’ll just get your computer infected by malware and viruses. Don’t even try it! Also, don’t pay various websites for lists of topics because these are usually scams.
You can find interesting psychology topics in your school’s library. But for this, you will need a lot of time. You will need to read journals and psychology research articles written by established authors and try to find things that they didn’t cover – things that need further research. Another way to get some topics is to ask on writing forums or writing blogs. Most people will help you without asking for money, but you will also get ridiculed a lot. In our experience, the best way to get a list of good topics for a psychology research paper is to turn to a writing company. Their writers are experts in the field, and you also get ample guarantees that you will get what you pay for. Professional academic writing with a diploma in psychology will compose a list of unique, interesting topics in just a couple hours for you.
Top 100 Psychology Research Paper Topics In 2022
However, before you even turn to our academic writing company for help, why don’t you analyze these 100 psychology topics for a research paper? These are psychology research paper topics for college students and are 100% free to use. They may not be as good as the topics sent by academic writers, but they are a good starting point. Remember that you can tweak these topics as you see fit. Here are our top 100 suggestions for you:
Forensic Psychology Research Paper Topics
- What are the consequences of hallucinations?
- The pros and cons of executing criminals.
- What causes delusions and why they so dangerous?
- The definition of capital mitigation.
- Does anyone have the right to confess?
- Reasons for sexual abuse in families in Eastern Europe.
Cognitive Psychology Research Paper Topics
- ADHD affects children’s development – here is how!
- Can we measure our critical thinking ability?
- The three best ways to recover from memory loss problems.
- Repressing parts of memories is shown to be caused by these three factors
- What is color psychology, and how is it used?
- How does Autism affect small children?
Abnormal Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The main causes of anorexia among little children.
- Why are people so anxious about death?
- An analysis of the Oedipus concept in today’s society.
- The factors that lead to suicide among teenagers.
- Examining perverse sexual behaviors in the workplace.
- Modern capitalism is based on antisocial tendencies.
Sports Psychology Topics for Research Paper
- Do psychical educators cause anxiety disorder in their pupils?
- The correlation between going to the gym and good mental health.
- What is sports psychology, and how does it help athletes?
- Football coaches also have a mental role, not just a physical one.
- Young athletes want to win, no matter the consequences. Why?
- Some athletes resort to doping, risking their entire career. Why?
Developmental Psychology Topics for Research Paper
- We need to eradicate bullying, and psychology is the key!
- Discussing gender roles in today’s society.
- How can you learn ten different languages in 10 months?
- Violence in children is growing out of control. Why?
- Factors that inevitably lead to child abuse.
- Violence is promoted via social media, not just games.
Social Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The link between depression and social cognition.
- How does Facebook influence our children nowadays?
- Explaining the bystander effect related to social psychology.
- What causes prejudice in US society?
- What are the causes of discrimination?
- The three most important prosocial behaviors.
Child Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The impact of sexting on children.
- How does the Postpartum Depression affect children?
- The impact of violent music on children.
- Parental negligence causes child obesity.
- Saying “No” to children can lead to unexpected results.
- What are hyperactive children, and what causes this condition?
IB Psychology Extended Topics
- How can we treat borderline personality disorder?
- The three ways we as a society can help children after divorces.
- Is there any correlation between witchcraft and Satanism?
- Religion has an important impact on our mental health.
- What causes depression in young adults?
- Why is our society still supporting gender bias?
Analyzing Breakthrough Psychological Experiments
- Analyzing the Conditioning Experiments by Pavlov
- Analyzing the Rhesus Monkey Experiments by Harlow
- Analyzing the Milgram Obedience Experiment by Stanley Milgram
- Analyzing the Little Albert Experiment by John B. Watson
- Analyzing the Asch Conformity Experiment by Solomon Asch
- Analyzing the Stanford Prison Experiment by Stanford University
Clinical Psychology Research Topics
- Can psychology get rid of chronic pain problems?
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy has been shown to reduce or eliminate depression.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy can reduce addictions.
- How does insomnia influence human psychology?
- What is really causing eating disorders in teenagers?
- Can we cure agoraphobia?
Common Psychology Research Topics
- Attractive people lead a happier life – true or false?
- Abandoning senior citizens increases their chances of mental illnesses.
- How do psychologists intervene in the military?
- What is postpartum depression, and how does it manifest?
- Divorce counseling is not helpful, and here is why!
- Your brain is affected every time you win or lose.
- The roles of men and women in society have greatly changed in the last 50 years.
Emotional Heath Topics
- Interesting emotional developments in senior citizens.
- Teenagers from divorced families have unique emotional characteristics.
- How can we develop emotional responsiveness?
- What is the emotional Stroop effect, and how can we use it effectively?
- Emotions really do affect sports performance.
- Emotions are difficult to recognize for people with schizophrenia.
Mental Illness Topics
- The effects of torture on mental health.
- The threat of terrorism is causing mental illnesses.
- PTSD is a mental illness and should be treated as such.
- The multiple personality disorder explained.
- Bipolar disorders directly affect our health.
- Should chronic depression be considered a mental illness?
- Is Alzheimer a hereditary disease?
Anxiety and Depression Topics
- The main causes of depression in teenagers.
- The five methods that effectively treat anxiety.
- The three common signs you are entering a depression.
- Methods that alleviate postpartum depression effectively.
- Is anxiety a mental illness?
- The general causes of teenage depression.
Argumentative Paper Topics
- We can now treat psychopathy disorder.
- Yes, sex addiction is a very real disorder.
- Many terrorists are actually mentally stable people.
- Excessive selfies are an early indication of narcissism.
- Child depression is a growing concern.
- Here is why people love to volunteer.
Definition Research Paper Topics
- What is Sociopathy?
- Defining the “borderline personality” disorder.
- What is Social Darwinism?
- Analyzing the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- What are the three types of memory errors?
- Analyzing the Macbeth Effect in detail.
- What is Unconscious Inference?
- Analyzing the term “depression.”
Top Psychology Research Methods
We wanted to end this blog post talking about the importance of psychology research methods. Even though topics are very important, the research methods are important as well. There are at least five of them, and each one has lots of data written about it. Our final tip for you is to seek help if you feel you can’t write the psychology essay properly. We assure you that many of your peers are doing the same thing and getting top grades. To get the assistance you need, all you have to do is to hire one of our psychology writers (all of them are degree holders), and let them write the paper for you, or at least provide you with a rough draft. And of course, don’t hesitate to send him one of our psychology research paper topics above!
No time to deal with upcoming assignment? Don’t worry – our geeks can help! Enter promo “mygeek20” and get a 20% discount off your next psychology writing assignment!